1. Do I need to arrange for my own transfer on arrival?
No! Giraffe Safari driver will pick you up and transfer you to designation hotels. Picking up on arriving airport and dropping off is included on our package. We arrange also other group transport if required.
2. Which does safari cost include?
Tanzania safari wildlife safari prices depending on the number of people in each trip, how many days of safari and the level of comfort or luxury. Our packages cover:
- Professional and experienced English-speaking safari guide
- Park entrance fee
- New 4×4 Toyota land cruiser with pop up roof
- Food as per program
- Water for drinking
- Government Taxes
- Pick up on your hotel &Transfers.
3. How many people can be in a safari vehicle?
We ensure everyone gets a window seat. All of our Safari vehicles are 4×4 Toyota Land Cruisers that takes 4-7 people including driver.
4. How much luggage should we bring on a Tanzania safari?
Pack packs with without flames is better and suitcases. That luggage may be packed on back or in the roof rack of safari 20 Kg (44lbs) are maximum weight.
5. Will we have a chance to interact with the local people of Tanzania?
The vast majority of Tanzanians still live a lifestyle very close to their traditional lifestyles, and most local people are subsistence farmers.
6. What are the safety precautions for safaris?
- Be sure to follow the tips for safety precautions in Tanzanian safaris, so as to have safe and enjoyable moments during your safari
- People in Tanzania are very friendly and polite but still, you have to be careful when you are around the city center with valuable things and big camera hanging around on your neck
- Never walk at night alone instead it’s better to use transport, your local guides or nearby hotel
- Make sure you record a number of your passport, airline tickets, traveler checks and credit cards and keep them in a safe place
- Always follow your guide’s instructions and guidelines. It is extremely rare for incidents to occur and always your professional guide is there to ensure your safety
- Stay in the car during game drives except at designated areas where you are allowed to get out of the car
- Never walk off far to a bush it’s better to ask for advice from your guide about where to go
- Don’t stand up in the car, hang out of the window or sit on the roof
- Don’t drive too close to animals if you are on a self-drive safari
- Stay close to your guide and group on a walking safari and always walk in single file.
- Watch where you put your feet while walking in the bush.
7. Which safari clothes do I need to pack?
Bright color clothes are not suitable for any game view. Take comfortable clothes and huts and sun for Tanzania safari.
8. What is the food like on Tanzania Safari? Do you provide food for people with special diets?
The food depends on what kind of hotels and lodges you stay in, it can either be a 5 star,4 star or a 3-star quality. There are various lodges or tented camps that provide best meals and food for your Tanzania safari.
9. Do you have any recommendation for safari guidebooks?
We highly recommend these books:
- Insight Guide to Tanzania and Zanzibar (December 2013)
- Wildlife of East Africa by Martin Withers and David Hosking
- National Audubon Society Field Guide to African Wildlife
10. What is the booking process with Giraffe Safari?
- Firstly, you need make an inquiry
- We propose one or more itineraries, offering several variations for you to review.
- We make revisions with you until you are satisfied with your final itinerary.
- After your itinerary satisfaction we will send you the booking voucher which we will be with credible information to assure your banking transactions.
- We always receive 30% of booking before you alive in Tanzania or Africa and you will need to finalize the remaining 70% balance on your arrival day.
- We receive the balance through Bank Account of Giraffe Safari Owner (Edwin Rweyemamu Kazinja) only and not to someone else but also the balance can be received through western union.
- We will do all communications through our Company Email or through our WhatsApp number.